Monday, February 16, 2015

What's that funny white stuff?


I was woken at 3.30 a.m. by our cat, pawing at my face, trying to tell me that someone was tapping at the window and would I please make them go away?  Needless to say, it wasn't a person - it was ice crystals.  Miss D. woke up at her usual 5.30 a.m., only for me to greet her with the news that her car's encased in half an inch of ice and the driveway and the street have turned white.  Guess who isn't going to work today?

(That doesn't work for me, of course.  When you're a full-time writer working from home, an ice storm is no excuse!)

Peter

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I'm truly sorry that y'all are being hit so hard with the winter that should have stayed farther north. Meanwhile, it's 33 here with rain showers moving in. :(

Roger Ritter said...

"...an ice storm is no excuse!" - at least until it takes down the power lines! Stay safe and warm, please!