Saturday, June 21, 2014

Thank you to all concerned


I'm sitting here a little bemused - but very pleased - by the response to two recent posts.

First, my rant about the stupidity of 'educating rapists' has received more direct views than any other article I've ever written - well over 3,100 at the time of writing.  Many came from Larry Correia's blog, with a number of others from other bloggers, forum posts, etc. that referenced it.  I'm very grateful to all of you who visited - particularly those who decided to buy a book while you were here!  Thanks very much.

(On that subject, I've received a few e-mails asking more detailed questions about the incident I describe of the village brutalized by rapists in uniform.  For obvious reasons, I'm not going to provide such details.  I wrote it as circumspectly as I could whilst giving enough details to be informative.  I can't say more without crossing the "Too Much Information" line, and I really don't want to gross out my readers.  Besides, some things are better not brought to mind too vividly . . . )

Second, my request that those of you who'd read my latest novel should please leave a review at Amazon.com has been abundantly answered.  It had nine reviews when I put up that bleg;  as of the time of writing, it's up to 25.  Again, thank you all very much for your help.  That puts me in a position to use certain publicity tools and advertising media that insist on a minimum number of reviews (and a minimum average rating) before they'll consider you as a client.

Peter

No comments: