Saturday, September 20, 2014

Why can't all our politicians answer these questions?


DaddyBear, fellow blogger and friend to Miss D. and myself in both cyber- and meatspace, has come up with a series of questions for political candidates wanting his vote.  He has five blog segments up (so far) with parts of his questionnaire:








I think they're great!  The only difficulty with them is that they're clearly compiled from a more conservative or right-wing perspective.  I'd love to see someone like Earthbound Misfit do something similar from a progressive or left-wing perspective, and combine them (and other contributions) into a non-partisan candidate rating system.  If all candidates, of whatever political persuasion, could be made to honestly answer questions like these, we'd all be better informed come election day.

Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing on economics?

Gerry

C. S. P. Schofield said...

I keep waiting for a politician who's answer to the by now inevitable question about marijuana use is "Of course I smoked pot. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a teenager. Didn't you?"

DaddyBear said...

I threw a few things about economics (eminent domain, federal bailouts) into the "Other Issues" post. Is there something specific in economics that you'd like to see? Currency inflation? Keystone XL?

I would really like to see someone from a different political and social perspective come up with their own questions. Someone who gets elected will represent all of us, so we need to see how they would react to things that are important to several facets of the electorate.