Thursday, September 4, 2014

Drive-by music


I ran into two pieces of music this morning that made me laugh.

The first was mentioned by the immortal Dustbury, and its title - 'Dueling Tubas' - was so weird I simply had to click over and listen to it.  The original version (from a 1973 LP) may be heard here, but I prefer this live version, where Martin Mull performs it for his host.  Love the early 1970's haircut!





In the sidebar to that video, I came across a song by the Austin Lounge Lizards titled 'Jesus loves me, but he can't stand you'. With a title like that, how could I not listen to it?





Both songs brought a smile to my face.  I hope you enjoy them too.

Peter

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Incidentally, "Dueling Tubas" did appear
on a 45; the B-side was "2001 Polka," which probably also needs no explanation.