Thursday, March 20, 2014

Quote of the day


I'm not a 'III Percenter', but I glance at some of their blogs now and again out of general interest.  Kerodin came up with a pithy one-liner today that I can personally confirm on the basis of heaven knows how many encounters with evil, some of which I've described here over the years.

The moment you take violence off the table, you have surrendered to every single man and woman on the planet who remains willing to do violence.

That's the exact and literal truth.

The day you say "I couldn't use force to stop an attacker" or "I'd rather be raped than shoot the rapist" or "Better to give him what he wants than resist him" . . . you've made yourself a victim.  Nothing more, nothing less.  And if you make that choice, there are all too many men (and some women) of violence in this world who will accept your choice, and treat you as a victim.  I've seen far too many people of allegedly 'good will' (if not good sense) who made that choice.  I can assure you, they didn't enjoy it.  Neither will you.

No matter what the odds, never give up.  Never surrender.  And always be ready to answer illegitimate criminal aggression with legitimate defensive violence.  If you don't, you've already surrendered even before the fight has begun - and that's no way for a human being to live.

Peter

4 comments:

Billll said...

To anyone who advances the "Give the man what he wants" argument, I ask; What if he wants to leave no witnesses?

B said...

those who say "violence never solved anything" have lived very sheltered lives.

THey depend on those who would do violence on their behalf to keep themsafe

Formynder said...

"Never give up, never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest theme.

http://youtu.be/9fdcIwHKd_s

And all humor aside, it is a very cogent point.

Anonymous said...

This is by far the most relevant statement I have seen in a long while...